The British Columbia Digital
Digital Library Construction Tools: How-To
Scope: permanent digital library educational programs. For temporary
programs and conferences, consult D-Lib
Magazine, the DIGLIB  (Digital
Libraries Research) mailing list, or the Conference
Guides section of this Web site.
See also How-To Manuals   Preservation Standards.
- DELOS Network of Excellence on Digital Libraries Summer School. Glasgow, Scotland: Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute, University of Glasgow. The summer school operates at various locations and dates. Date accessed: 2005-05-16. Date added: 2005-05-16.
- Digital Futures
Academy. London, UK:  King's Digital Consultancy Services and the Centre for Computing in the
Humanities, King's College London. " The Digital Futures Academy is a joint venture between King's College London and OCLC-PICA."
The first DFA will be  held in London between September 13-17, 2004.
See also KDCS Training Courses. Date accessed: 02004-08-08. Date added: 2004-08-08. Date updated: 2005-05-21.
- Digital Humanities/Humanities Computing Summer Institute. Victoria, BC: Faculty of Humanities and Humanities Computing and Media Centre. University of Victoria. Annual workshop aimed at humanities students and teachers in higher edution wishing to learn about multimedia and digitization technologies. Date accessed: 2004-08-04. Date added: 2004-08-04.
- Digital Preservation Management: Short-Term Solutions to Long-Term Problems. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Library. A series of ongoing workshops funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities. A publicly accessible online tutorial on digital preservation is also available at this site. Date accessed: 2005-06-01. Date added: 2005-06-01.
- Digitisation Summer Schools for Cultural Heritage Professionals. Glasgow, Scotland: Humanities Advanced Technology and Information Institute, University of Glasgow, 1998-. Links to the summer schools operated from 1998-2003 are available. Date added: 2002-01-29.
Date updated: 2005-05-16.
- Digitization for Cultural Heritage
Professionals . Offered by the University of North
Carolina-Chapel Hill School of Information and Library Science, in conjunction
with Rice University's Fondren Library, University of Glasgow and the Humanities
Advanced Technology and Information Institute (HATII, University of Glasgow), this is a week-long course. Date added: 2001-12-18. Date updated: 2005-05-16.
- Illinois Digitization
Institute. Urbana, IL: Digital Imaging and Media Technology Initiative,  University of Illinois Library at Urbana Champaign. Provides
digitization instruction throughout the State of Illinois. The program is sponsored by the University of Illinois Library, the Illinois State
Library, and the Illinois
Heritage Association. Date accessed: 2004-08-07. Date added: 2004-08-07.
- Indiana University, School of Library and Information Science, and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Master's Program in Digital Libraries (Indiana University) and Certificate of Advanced Studies in Digital Libraries (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign). Date accessed: 2005-05-16. Date
Summer School on the Digital Library. Tilburg, Netherlands: Tilburg University.
Continued by: International Ticer School. For current course offerings see Tilburg Innovation Centre for Electronic Resources (Ticer). Date accessed: 2003-02-14. Date added:
2003-02-14. Date updated: 2007-05-04.
- International Ticer School.
Tilburg, Netherlands: Ticer BV, Tilburg University, Netherlands, 2004-. Continues:
International Summer School on the Digital Library. For current course offerings see Tilburg Innovation Centre for Electronic Resources (Ticer). Date accessed: 2004-02-26. Date added:
- KDCS Training Courses. London, UK:  King's Digital Consultancy Services. Various courses are offered in the field of digital resources for cultural institutions. See also Digital Futures Academy. Date accessed: 2005-05-21. Date added: 2005-05-21.
- Rutgers University, School of Communication, Information and Library Studies, Master of Library and Information Science (M.L.I.S.), Digital Libraries. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University. Available as a part-time online program or as a full-time on-campus program. Date accessed: 2005-05-16. Date added: 2005-05-16.
- School for Scanning: Creating, Managing, and Preserving Digital
Assets.Andover, MA: Northeast Document Conservation
Center. Location varies for this conference which is geared to administrators
and is not a technical training program. Consult the Calendar link for
the next available conference session and location. Date added: 2001-12-18.
- Tilburg Innovation Centre for Electronic
Resources (Ticer). Tilburg, Netherlands: Ticer BV, Tilburg University. Offers annual courses, generally in the spring and summer,
for an international audience on the digital library. RSS news feed URL: http://www.tilburguniversity.nl/services/lis/ticer/.rss Date updated: 2007-05-04.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign see Indiana University.
- University of Strathclyde, Department of Computer and Information Sciences, Graduate School of Informatics, MSc Digital Libraries. Date accessed: 2005-05-16. Date added: 2005-05-16.
Compiled by David
Mattison, Victoria Telecommunity
Network, BC. Copyright © 2000-2011 by the
BC Community Network Association. This
site may be freely linked to but not duplicated in any fashion without the
consent of the BCCNA.